NSU Dialup Instructions:
We do not have a help desk to individually walk each student through connecting to our NSU Internet Services. The information below should help you properly configure your computer. If you are having trouble connecting – see a Lab Assistant in the Ayo, Cenac, or WAC labs.
1. Open My Computer | Double Click Dial-up Networking | Choose Make a new Connection
2. Name: ITSLogin | Select NEXT
3. Enter the phone number 448-3502 (Off Campus) or 3971 (In Dorms)| Select NEXT
4. Select FINISH
1. Open your Internet Browser (Internet Explorer or Netscape Communicator) or Open My Computer | Double Click Dial-up Networking | Double Click ITSLogin icon
2. You will be prompted for a password – same as your password in the open computer labs.
Note: We recommend that you DO NOT choose the option to “Save Password”. This Internet connection is to be used only by you, the Nicholls student.
1. Open your Internet Browser and connect to the Internet
2. Type: ITS.NICHOLLS.EDU in the address line and press Enter.
1. Make sure you can login without any problems to an IBM/ Dell Computer in an open lab.
2. Check the Status of the Dialup Access with a Lab Assistant in an open lab.
3. After completing above steps and it is still not working, fill out a Dialup Problem form in an open lab. Open Labs: 101 Ayo, 109 Powell (Cenac), WAC Lab - Library